Xiaomi Mi 9 Test Point | Xiaomi Mi 9 EDL 9008 Mode
Here is the Xiaomi Mi 9 into Test Point which is formerly known as Emergency Download (EDL) mode. Despite it is an advanced method, some users still prefer to use this technique to by-pass the need of officially unlocked bootloader. There might be a situation when your device got bricked or in bootloop state, but the bootloader has not been unlocked yet. Hence, this situation will force you to deliberately use Test Point method. It would be impossible to unlock the boot loader since the device is bricked or is bootlooped.
What Is EDL Mode?
If you are newbie user then probably EDL mode may be a new word for you. But if you are involved in rooting and flashing firmware then absolutely not. In short, EDL mode is also known as an emergency mode for mobile. Technically all the Xiaomi devices come with EDL mode option Important! – For all of you, you know at this time you can’t flash firmware on Xiaomi Mi 9, because currently there is a lot of circulating Xiaomi Mi 9 with fake Bootloaders, so if your Bootloader is fake with indications.then you can’t Flash the original firmware for Xiaomi Mi 9 then your device will be permanent brick, for that you first check what Codename Bootloader Mi 9 is, original or fake.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Test Point – Boot Mi 9 Into EDL 9008 Mode:
- Power off the device if possible.
- Open back cover of dead Xiaomi Mi 9. [You may do Google to tear down Xiaomi Mi 9 at home]
- Once you are able to remove back cover, disconnect the battery connector first. Battery not required for EDL mode.
- Now remove the black tape to visible the edl points of .
IMPORTANT: Most of the other Xiaomi phone’s edl mode points are visible but inRedmi Go it comes in hidden mode. Reasons are not disclosed by Xiaomi. But you can visible these test points by removing the black tape. After removing the black tape you can see two test points easily.
- Now EDL mode or Xiaomi Mi 9 edl test points are in front of you. And you can use them to install firmware on Mi 9 without unlocking the bootloader.