In this article, “Redmi Note 8 Backlight Way LCD Solution Display Jumper”, I will be showing you how to deal with screen backlight related issues of the smartphone as using smartphone comes with loads of backdrops in the long run while we strive to get the best phone user experience we can possibly desire! Maintaining a lasting phone screen display.
Usually, when your Redmi Note 8 screen backlight goes blackout, you will still be able to receive calls when your phone rings, but you won’t be able to make calls, write SMS or go social because you can’t see anything in the screen but darkness. Never mind as I will be showing you a couple of helpful solutions in this article to bring back the “moonlight” you crave for!
Redmi Note 8 Screen Backlight Problem Source Highlights:
- Damaged LCD screen
- Broken LCD screen flakes
- Bad LEDs
- Internal working component short or open circuits
What Is An LCD or Screen Backlight?
To start with, an LCD is the digital display interface of your phone, it is the interactive part where you see what goes on as you operate or tap on an icon, watch a video, play music or games etc. When the LCD (liquid crystal display) is faulty or damaged, you one won’t be able to enjoy it as before. This is where the LCD backlight comes in, the backlight are series of LEDs (light emitting diodes) well arranged and suited in the screen layers to give illumination to the LCD screen. When the LEDs are affected, chances are that the screen will go black-out, which means you won’t be able to see a thing!
Redmi Note 8 Display Light Problem Solution
To fix the dark screen Redmi Note 8 display problem, you may first try to replace or install a new Display screen module, to easily confirm if the LCD’s backlight LED’s were still working or already damaged. You can also check the LED’s using the multimeter if you can manage without damaging the LCD flex connector. If the newly installed LCD still shows the same problem and the LED light doesn’t light up, refer to the solution below and locate the highlighted components on the PCB board.
Redmi Note 8 Backlight Ways LCD Light Problem Solution:
The solution below is applicable to all mobile PCB except that the size, shape, color and positioning of this components might varry with models and manufactures. Its safer if you can lay hands on the schematic diagram which makes things easier if you know how to make use of it in troubleshooting.
- Check the LCD for possible damaged, cracked or broken. Replace if necessary.
- Check the device firmware, and do a self-test and calibration method. update or flash the firmware.
- Check the LCD pin connector for possible damaged. Clean, re-solder or replace if necessary.
- Now Check Continuity between Display connector to the resistor compounds. if any of then is track missing then make a jumper.
- If the above procedures don’t fix the problem the possible faulty is the main engine IC. Try to re-heater rework it.
How To Repair Redmi Note 8 Display Light Problem?
- Clean both connectors at motherboard and display strip links pinpoints.
- After cleaning try to test your issue by power on your cell phone.
- The problem is coming from missing light pinpoints commonly. Try to make direct same as the image diagram above.
- If the light current is showing at the connector pinpoints. Test and replace the display lights LED.
- If there is no current at the connector pins. Try to clean or test the light controller chip.
- For the faulted display lights from the front panel, You need to fix it by repairing the lights section.
If you have further questions please leave a comment. Note: Please note that even though every solution posted on our website is tested by one or more members of our team before posting, but still we do not take any responsibility for any damage it may cause to your cell phones. Use these repairing solutions at your own risk. Thank You.