Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus 5G SM-986U Charging Ways, Usb Jumper, Repair Not Charging Problems
This post will repair the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Not Charging Problem, Charging Ways, and its jumper solution, the popular device with impressive specs. After providing support to Android users for years, we predict that this kind of charging and the power-related issue would be among the first ones Samsung Galaxy S20 Plusowners may encounter.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus is an impressive flagship device known for its superior performance and advanced features. However, like any other electronic device, it is not entirely immune to issues. One common problem faced by some users is the device not charging correctly. This blog post will explore the potential hardware solutions to address the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus not charging problem.
Start by determining if your device’s charging port is full of debris or damaged. In this case, carefully remove any debris with equipment such as a toothpick. Once the port is clear, try plugging in your charger and charging your smartphone.
If your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus still won’t charge, the next step is to check the charger’s functionality. Connect the device to a different outlet and use the charger to test it. If the smartphone still does not charge, the charger may need to be replaced.
Hardware-Related Causes Of the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Not Charging Problem
- The charging port could be jammed with dirt, dust, or debris.
- The power adapter could be faulty or broken.
- The USB cable may no longer function properly.
- It’s conceivable that you’re using the wrong power adaptor for your phone or a faulty USB port.
How To Repair Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Not Charging Problem
Here is the hardware solution to repair the Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus SM-G986U Not Charging problems
Check out hardware-related solutions if your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus has charge issues. Software updates can fix many charging problems, but sometimes the issue is with the hardware. We’ll talk about hardware fixes in this blog article to assist you in finding and fixing problems charging with your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus smartphone.
1. Check the Charging Port: Look closely at the charging port on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus. Make sure it’s clean and free from debris or lint. Use a soft brush or compressed air to remove any obstructions gently. Avoid using sharp objects that could damage the port.
2. Try a Different Charging Source: Sometimes, the power source you’re using might be the problem. Try plugging your phone into a different power outlet or connecting it to a USB port on your computer. If it starts charging, it indicates that the previous power source was faulty.
3. Replace the Battery: The battery might be the issue if you’ve tried different cables and power sources without success. Over time, smartphone batteries can lose their ability to hold a charge. Consider replacing the battery with a new one. It’s best to consult a professional or visit an authorized service center.
4. Power Management IC (PMIC) Replacement: The Power Management IC (PMIC) manages power-related smartphone functions, including charging. If all other hardware components are in good condition and you’re still experiencing charging problems, the PMIC may have malfunctioned.
5. Motherboard Inspection and Repair: In rare cases, charging issues may stem from problems with the motherboard. This could be due to damaged components or faulty circuitry. If you suspect a motherboard issue, it is crucial to seek professional help from a reputable service center or an authorized technician. They can perform a thorough inspection, diagnose the problem accurately, and carry out any necessary repairs or replacements.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Not Charging Problems:
First step. Check the Charging Cable and Adapter:
The first step in troubleshooting the charging issue is to examine the charging cable and adapter. Inspect the cable for any visible damages, such as fraying or cuts. If any such damages are found, replacing the cable with a new one is recommended. Similarly, check the adapter for any signs of damage, and if necessary, consider using a different adapter to see if it resolves the issue.
2. Clean the Charging Port:
Over time, the charging port of your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus may accumulate dust, lint, or debris, which can interfere with the charging process. To clean the charging port, gently use a toothpick or a small brush to remove any obstructions. Be cautious not to damage the port while cleaning.
3. Restart the Device:
Sometimes, a simple restart can help resolve minor software glitches that may affect the charging functionality. Press and hold the power button on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, and select the “Restart” option from the menu that appears. After the device restarts, check if the charging issue persists.
4. Perform a Battery Calibration:
In some cases, a battery calibration can rectify the charging problem. To perform a battery calibration, follow these steps:
a. Fully charge your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus until it reaches 100%.
b. Disconnect the charger and continue using the device until the battery drains completely and the device powers off.
c. Reconnect the charger and allow the device to charge uninterrupted until it reaches 100% again.
d. Repeat this process once more to complete the battery calibration.