Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F EDL Test Point – EDL 9008 Mode
In this tutorial, we will show you how to boot Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F EDL mode 9008 using test points? Emergency downloading mode or 9008 mode is very important to unbrick Qualcomm Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F mobile.
We can flash Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F stock firmware in download mode. But if the device is bricked or unable to boot into download mode or Odin mode then EDL 9008 port is must flash the device. In that type of situation, we can use test points to boot it into EDL 9008 mode manually. Similarly, sometime EDL boot is a must unlock Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F using Qualcomm flash tool.
If you happen to own an Android device running a Qualcomm processor chances are that your device supports Emergency Download Mode aka EDL Mode.EDL mode is a Qualcomm enabled feature, that is useful to unbrick device, unlock bootloader or modify protected device parameters. However, not all Qualcomm based device support it.
There might be a situation when your device got bricked or in the boot loop state, but the bootloader has not been unlocked yet. Hence, this situation will force you to deliberately use the Test Point method. It would be impossible to unlock the boot loader since the device is bricked or is bootlooped.
What Is Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F EDL Mode?
If you are a newbie user then probably EDL mode may be new word for you. But if you are involved in rooting and flashing firmware then absolutely not.
In short, EDL mode is also known as an emergency mode for mobile. Technically all the Samsung devices did not come with EDL mode option. If you want to install or update your own Samsung phone then you have many options to flash new stock ROM on the device using download Mode or using odin mode. Both methods have some limitations like Stock ROM can be used only to update the higher version and you can’t downgrade Samsung version.
Just boot the device into EDL mode or emergency downloading mode and flash fastboot rom /firmware using Mi flash tool. It will fix all existing errors or you can recovery your dead phone again.
Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F EDL Mode Test Point PINOUT
Find EDL MODE FOR Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F
- Power off the device if possible.
- Open back cover of dead Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F. [You may do Google to tear down Samsung J415F at home]
[Be careful at the time of removing back cover of the device and make sure you are not going to damage any hardware of the device]
- Once you are able to remove back cover, disconnect the battery connector first. Battery not required for EDL mode.
- Now make a jumper to visible the edl points of Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F as shown below.
- Now EDL mode or Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F edl test points are in front of you. And you can use them to install the firmware on Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F without unlocking bootloader.
So guys this is all about Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F emergency downloading mode or edl mode. Now you can find the Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F EDL test points easily.
Uses Of Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F EDL Test Points
- Install stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F.
- Flash Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F without unlocking the bootloader. Bootloader unlocking permission not required.
- Recover dead boot Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus J415F by flashing firmware.
- Install stock ROM easily, if the device is not able to boot into fastboot mode or device stuck on the Samsung logo.
- Remove Samsung J415F FRP Lock without any tool.
It’s really just to understand that EDL mode flashing is a universal method for all Samsung devices. But EDL booting process may be different for different devices. For some devices, you can use EDL boot command but problem is that nowadays edl command doesn’t work for all the latest Samsung smartphones. So the test point is the easiest and perfect method to boot any Samsung phone into edl mode using test terminals.