Here we will show you how to boot Vivo Y50 EDL mode 9008 using test points? Emergency downloading mode or 9008 mode is very important to unbrick Qualcomm Vivo Y50 mobile. There may be a condition when your Android device was in boot loop condition or bricked, but the bootloader has not been still unlocked. This condition will force you to use the Test Point process. It would be not possible to unlock the bootloader because the device is boot looped or bricked.
If you happen to own an Android device running a Qualcomm processor chances are that your device supports Emergency Download Mode aka EDL Mode.EDL mode is a Qualcomm enabled feature, that is useful to unbrick device, unlock bootloader or modify protected device parameters. However, not all Qualcomm-based devices support it.
About Vivo Y50
Vivo Y50 comes with a 6.53-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It comes with 8GB of RAM. The Vivo Y50 runs Android and is powered by a 5000mAh non-removable battery. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Vivo Y50 on the rear packs a 13-megapixel primary camera; a second 8-megapixel camera; a third 2-megapixel camera, and a fourth 2-megapixel camera.
What Is Vivo Y50 Test Point Or EDL Mode?
If you are a newbie user then probably EDL mode may be new word for you. But if you are involved in rooting and flashing firmware then absolutely not.
In short, EDL mode is also known as emergency mode for mobile. Technically all the Vivo devices come with EDL mode option. If you want to install or update your own Redmi 8A phone then you have many options to flash new stock ROM on the device using Recovery Mode or using fastboot mode. Both methods have some limitations like Recovery ROM can be used only to update higher version and you can’t downgrade Vivo version.
Vivo Y50 Test Post EDL 9008 Mode:
Find EDL MODE FOR Vivo Y50
Uses Of Vivo Y50 Test Point
- Install stock ROM on Vivo Y50
- Flash Vivo Y50 without unlocking the bootloader. Bootloader unlocking permission not required.
- Recovery dead Vivo Y50 by flashing firmware.
- Install stock ROM easily, if the device is not able to boot into fastboot mode or device stuck on Vivo Logo.
Other Ways to Enter EDL Mode on Vivo Y50
Follow the instruction below carefully to boot your device into EDL Mode (aka Emergency Download Mode)
Using Adb Mode
- First, install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC and then turn on USB debugging on your phone.
- Now connect your device with PC using USB Driver.
- Then open a command window in PC and paste following commands and hit enter.
adb reboot edl
- If any pop up appears on the phone screen then allow the ADB access.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool and extract it in your PC (C:/ Drive)
- Boot your device into the bootloader
- Open the command window on your PC on the same folder extracted (ADB and Fastboot Tool)
- now enter the command
.\fastboot oem edl
Note: It’s just to understand that EDL mode flashing is a universal method for all Huawei devices. But EDL booting process may be different for different devices. For some devices, you can use the EDL boot command but problem is that nowadays edl command doesn’t work for all the latest Huawei smartphones. So the test point is the easiest and perfect method to boot any Vivo phone into edl mode using test terminals.