if you are a mobile technician and you get Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite smartphone? Then this guide will be useful to you. the customer has bricked the device, lost your pattern lock details or you are not able to verify your Google account after the hard reset, then you can bypass it quickly using this guide.
We can flash Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite stock firmware in download mode. But if the device is bricked or unable to boot into download mode or Odin mode then EDL 9008 port is must flash the device. In that type of situation, we can use test points to boot it into EDL 9008 mode manually. Similarly, sometime EDL boot is a must unlock Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite using the Qualcomm flash tool.
Well, if you have a Xiaomi device with an underlying Qualcomm chipset, then you could even fix this hardbrick. All that is needed is to boot your device to EDL Mode and then flash the OFP unbrick firmware via the Xiaomi Download Tool. While the tool is yet to go live, but the method to boot your Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite to EDL via the Test Point method is already live. So without any further ado, let’s check it out.
There might be a situation when your device got bricked or in the boot loop state, but the bootloader has not been unlocked yet. Hence, this situation will force you to deliberately use the Test Point method. It would be impossible to unlock the boot loader since the device is bricked or is boot looped.
What Is Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Test point or EDL Mode?
If you are a newbie user then probably EDL mode may be new word for you. But if you are involved in rooting and flashing firmware then absolutely not.
In short, EDL mode is also known as an emergency mode for mobile. Technically all the Samsung devices did not come with EDL mode option. If you want to install or update your own Xiaomi phone then you have many options to flash new stock ROM on the device using download Mode or using odin mode. Both methods have some limitations like Stock ROM can be used only to update the higher version and you can’t downgrade MIUI version.
Just boot the device into EDL mode or emergency downloading mode and flash fastboot rom /firmware using Mi flash tool. It will fix all existing errors or you can recovery your dead phone again.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite EDL Mode Test Point PINOUT
Find EDL MODE FOR Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
- Power off the device if possible.
- Open back cover of dead Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite. [You may do Google to tear down Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite at home]
- To begin with, download and install the Qualcomm HS USB QD Loader Drivers.
2.This driver is needed so that your PC is able to recognize the connected device in EDL Mode.
3. Next up, disconnect the battery from your device. Then plug one end of the USB cable into the device.
4. Now connect the other end of the cable to the computer when short-circuiting the red-marked area.
5. If done correctly, your device will now boot to the EDL Mode and you may then start the flashing process via the Xiaomi Tool.
6. To verify the same, open Device Manager and expand the Ports or Other Devices section.
7. If your device is listed as Qualcomm-HS-USB-QDLoader-9008, then it has been successfully booted to EDL.
Other Ways to Enter EDL Mode on Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
Follow the instruction below carefully to boot your device into EDL Mode (aka Emergency Download Mode)
By Shorting Hardware Test Points
In that case, you’re left with only one option, which is to short the test points on your device’s mainboard.
- Power off the device if possible.
- Open the back cover of the phone
- Short the 2 test points on your device’s mainboard
- And then plug the USB into your PC
- Once your Qualcomm Android device has entered EDL mode, you can connect it to the PC and use tools like Xiaomi Download tool to flash firmware files to unbrick or restore stock ROM.
Using Adb Mode
- First, install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC and then turn on USB debugging on your phone.
- Now connect your device with PC using USB Driver.
- Then open a command window in PC and paste following commands and hit enter.
adb reboot edl
- If any pop up appears on the phone screen then allow the ADB access.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool and extract it in your PC (C:/ Drive)
- Boot your device into the bootloader
- Open the command window on your PC on the same folder extracted (ADB and Fastboot Tool)
- now enter the command
.\fastboot oem edl
Note: It’s just to understand that EDL mode flashing is a universal method for all Samsung devices. But EDL booting process may be different for different devices. For some devices, you can use the EDL boot command but problem is that nowadays edl command doesn’t work for all the latest Huawei smartphones. So the test point is the easiest and perfect method to boot any Vivo phone into edl mode using test terminals.